WHY CHOOSE USA – FROM A STUDENT PERSPECTIVE
Universities in the U.S. pride themselves on being at the forefront of technology, research and techniques, and in making the best possible equipment and resources available to their students. Even if your field does not directly involve science or engineering, you will have opportunities to become skilled in using the latest technology to conduct research, as well as obtain and process information. You will find ways to stay connected with researchers, teachers and experts in your field all over the world.
The number of international students in the United States set an all-time high in the 2018/19 academic year, the fourth consecutive year with more than one million international students. The total number of international students, 1,095,299, is a 0.05 percent increase over last year.
January, May and September
Varies from university to university
PASSPORT VALIDITY REQUIREMENT
Validity should extend at least 6 months.
Here is a range of costs that have been considered while estimating the living expenses:
• 1. Books and study material costs around $500 to $1000 per year
• 2. Travel costs within the US will be from $300 to $700
• 3. Accommodation will cost between $5000 and $7500 per year
• 4. For living off campus, the cost of renting an apartment will be between $300 and $600 a month but could be higher depending on the location of the school.
• 5. Meals should cost around $2500 a year if you do not eat out too many times
• 6. Shopping for clothes will cost more than $500 annually if you are in a cold country
• 7. Personal and variable expenses will be around $2000 per year