Study in Sweden

About Sweden:

There are almost 40 universities located in Sweden, many of which make it into top ranks globally, such as Uppsala University, Lund University or Stockholm University. Sweden has been one of the European pioneers for switching to English-language tuition and offers a whopping 900 degrees to choose from.

Studying in Sweden is free of costs for citizens of the EU/EEA and those with a permanent Swedish residence permit. Others may have to pay the tuition fees that usually ranges between 80,000 and 140,000 SEK per year – ca. 8,000 to 15,000 EUR, or 9,000 to 17,000 USD. There is also an application fee for those students who are from outside of the EU/EEA.

Studying in Sweden is incomparable, and you will not find an experience like it anywhere else in the world. Swedish educational institutions provide an exciting as well as open weather, with a strong focus on cooperation. This will give you precious skills that you cannot find at other universities across the world. The global job market rewards aspiring, innovative and perceptive team players, and you will be able to show that you are a team player because of the education that student get there. You will also learn techniques for working in a team that you may have never examine had you studied somewhere else that encouraged individuality over teamwork.

Top Universities in Sweden


The quality of education of the universities in Sweden is on par with many of the best in the world. There are 8 universities in Sweden that attribute in QS World Ranking 2020, and all of them are in the top 350 universities of the world. For long the country has been known for the science and technology courses, however, for a number of courses and specialization, Sweden is more than apt choice for international students.



There are two Intakes to study in Sweden.

Spring Intake

Autumn Intake (Main Intake)

Here is all you need to know about Intakes in Sweden.

Autumn Intake in Sweden

The Autumn Intake in Sweden is the primary intake, and maximum all the universities offer all the courses for the Autumn Intake. The Autumn Intake starts in August-September. Here is a timeline to follow for the Autumn Intake in Sweden for International students.


Spring Semester in Sweden

The Spring Semester in Sweden starts in January and it is considered as the secondary intake. Some of the courses might not be available for the Spring Intake in some of the Swedish Universities, therefore the best way to go is to check on the university websites before applying.

Students who miss the Autumn intakes have a chance to apply for the spring intake and not waste the whole year. The Applications start in June and the deadlines are somewhere in the Mid-August. The students will be notified about their application in October.

Frequently asked Questions

A student who admits with a tuition fee, you have to pay the fee as early as possible. You cannot be granted a residence permit until pay the tuition fees. This is because the Swedish Migration Agency does not consider you to be finally admitted before pay the tuition fee.

Yes, non-attendance from Sweden during the summer holidays does not affect the residence permit in Sweden. If, on the other hand, the planned leave is expected to happen during the spring or autumn semester when you are look forward to participate in your education in Sweden, there is a risk to abrogate your permit.

A student of doctoral who is not admitted to studies in Sweden but is requested to study or do research in Sweden as part of an education in another country cannot be allowed a residence permit for studies. You can apply for a residence permit for visitors, this is the alternative. Please note that residence permits for visits are valid at the maximum for one year.

Through you are qualified to be a part of a doctoral programme and also selected to conduct research in Sweden then you can apply for a residence permit as a guest researcher.

Obviously, you can. There is no essential for the bank statement to be from a specific country. The extract should be provided in English or Swedish, or be translated into one of these languages.

It is enough if the bank document proves the account balance in the form of cash and cash equivalents, balance date, name of account holder, currency and bank name. Account history is not mandatory, but the Swedish Migration Agency may ask for account history if necessary in the handling of your case.

The most common tests and important scores that are accepted are:

IELTS (academic training), 6.5 (with no part of the test below 5.5)

TOEFL (Internet based): 90 (with a minimum of 20 on the written part)

TOEFL (paper based): 575 (with a minimum of 4.5 on the written part)

Yes, your dependents can accompany you.

Talk to Our Best Career Counselors

Free Online Assessment

    Shopping Basket